Find Your Local Mattress WarehouseSearch
There’s nothing like slipping into bed with clean, fresh sheets at the end of a long day. But what are the best bed sheets to get this perfect feel? Well, it depends on a lot more than knowing your bed size or choosing a color preference.
Choosing the best quality sheets for your bed can transform your sleep. While a high-quality, uniquely tailored mattress is important, your sheets also have a major impact on your sleep experience.
What Are The Best Bed Sheets?
The greatest sheets in the world are ones that work best for your unique sleep preferences. Unlike a bed, you can’t just lay on top of sheets in the store to give them a test drive. There are a few factors to consider when deciding what the best quality sheets are for you and your sleep system.
Here are some general terms used in bedding and what they mean, to help you figure out the best quality sheets for you:
This consideration is the most simple and straightforward because all it has to do with is the size of your bed. If you have a queen size bed you need queen size sheets, a twin needs twin size sheet, etc. If you want a smooth and snug fit, try looking for sheets with elastic all the way around the edges.
If you get the wrong fit for your mattress, you could end up putting unnecessary wear and tear on your bed sheets. Alternatively, they might slip off the mattress and fail to properly protect your mattress investment. Choosing the correct fit of sheets is an important aspect in maximizing the lifespan of your mattress.
Thread count is the number of threads in one square inch of fabric. The general notion is the higher the thread count, the softer and more durable the fabric is. However, sometimes less is more when it comes to thread count.
Stick with sheets with a thread account around 400. Too high of a thread count translates to a stiffer sheet that doesn’t wear evenly due to the number of fibers.
This determines the overall feel of your sheets. The most common options are:
- Cotton: This affordable material is low maintenance and is suitable for year-round sleeping. Cotton is a breathable and lightweight material.
- Jersey: Soft, stretchy, warm, and breathable. These sheets might be prone to slipping and sliding off your mattress. The natural stretchiness of this thread makes them wrinkle-free and easy to care for.
- Percale: Breathable and crisp sheets with fewer sliding issues. These sheets are airy, offering and are the best quality sheets for warm weather.
- Sateen: Soft, flexible, and smooth. These sheets feel luxurious but can feel warmer than some other types of sheets because the material is more prone to trap heat. These buttery soft sheets offer a lustrous finish and are an excellent choice for year-round comfort.
- Satin: Smooth and silky finish. These sheets are thin with a high thread count.
- Flannel: The warmest and thickest type of thread weave is best-suited for cold climates or sleeping well in the winter. Flannel sheets feel very cozy as they trap body heat and keep you warm.
- Microfiber: Tight, durable weave made up of man-made fibers. This makes it ultra-soft and wrinkle-resistant. In some cases, they can even be water resistant and hypoallergenic due to the density of the weave. This lightweight thread is easy to care for and is ideal for sleepers who get warm throughout the night.
What Are The Coolest Sheets?
The popularity of sheets with cooling technology has exploded in recent years. The draw of these types of sheets is that they offer wicking technology that keeps you dry throughout the night.
Performance bedding from BEDGEAR is made with advanced, super-breathable technologies to assure proper air flow, to wick away moisture, and to keep you cool and comfortable all night long.
- Bedgear Hyper-Cotton Performance Sheets: These quick-dry cotton sheets provide fast evaporation of moisture for cool comfort while you sleep. Hyper-Cotton offers cutting-edge continuous air circulation and the material’s elasticity contours to your body.
- Bedgear Dri-Tec Performance Sheets: The light, feather-weight material of these sheets creates soft drape that won't cling to your body. No matter how much you toss and turn throughout the night, the sheet’s power band core ensures a secure fit on your mattress.
Bedgear sheets are created to keep you cool and dry throughout the evening, to allow for a relaxed and comfortable night’s sleep -- no matter how hot your body temperature gets throughout the night!
Best Sheets In The World For The Best Sleep
At Mattress Warehouse, Bedgear and Tempur-Pedic sheets offer the highest quality comfort to keep you comfortable throughout the night. Don’t settle for scratchy sheets or sweltering comforters. The best sheets in the world are ones that suit your sleep preferences.
The relationship between sleep quality and high-quality sleep equipment is undeniable. Visit your local Mattress Warehouse to see how investing in high-quality cooling sheets can transform your sleep.